British Columbia is a clean energy leader and this showcase highlights some of the best and brightest new projects.
- Tla-o-qui-aht First Nation’s Winchie Creek Hydro is a 4.1MW run-of-river plant that is 100% owned and operated by the nation, making this their third hydropower project.
- Kitselas Geothermal Inc., in partnership with Borealis Geopower, may be the first direct-use geothermal power plant producing 15MW of electricity and a potential for 135MW of thermal heating.
- Stantec’s collaboration with Thompson Rivers University shows a promising partnership of academic institutions investing in renewable energy.
- The Tsilhqot’in First Nation 1MW project is the first large-scale solar power plant owned and operated by First Nations in Western Canada.
- The 15MW Zonnebeke Wind Energy Project is a partnership between Natural Forces and West Moberly First Nations.